Saturday, June 25, 2011

I am with DAP and proud to be one

Hmm..... maybe those who reads only English paper like The Star and have yet to attend any of the last two DAP fundraising dinners in USJ are not aware of the fact that I has been involved with  DAP for more than a year now. I am a DAP member and proud to be one too.

Since there is free publicity for my branch now, if anyone wanna join our new branch - the DAP USJ East branch, you are welcome to contact me.

And as usual, being a Buddhist activist for more than 20 years now,  if the Buddhist temples/centres you are attached to have any issues to raise especially with the Selangor state government, do continue to contact me too.- Loka SK Ng



From the Star
Saturday June 25, 2011



‘We’re PKR and DAP members’


By EDWARD R. HENRY


edward@thestar.com.my



PETALING JAYA: Two Subang Jaya municipal councillors have admitted that they were appointed under the non-governmental organisation (NGO) quota although they were members of PKR and DAP.



Jaberi Ami, the Kota Raja PKR member and Angkatan Muda Keadilan treasurer and Loka Ng Sai Kai, a USJ DAP branch member also admitted that their political affiliation helped them to get things done.

 
Jaberi said it was important to be in a political party to fully understand policies of the state. He added that being in a political party could help in his public service.



“I have been a PKR member since 2008. I have also been with the Muslim Factory Workers Welfare Association, an NGO, for more than five years.


“I see no problem with my political membership. I have an unwavering spirit to fight for the workers' welfare. So, I put forward to the state views on workers' welfare,” he said.

 
Ng felt it was important to be committed with the state's policies and “there is nothing wrong in being a party member.”

He has been active in Buddhist organisations for close to 20 years. He has also been Malaysian Youth Council vice-president.



Ng said he joined DAP about 18 months ago and found his membership beneficial in resolving many issues.



“I am committed to the state government's policies, but at the same time I am very firm and independent of state government control, I have no problem voicing out issues affecting the rakyat,” he said.



Both councillors were commenting on The Star's front-page story yesterday which highlighted that only 10 municipal councillors in Selangor were Independents and represented NGOs, compared to the state government's claim of 71.

Coalition of Non-Governmental Organi-sations and Professional Appointed Councillors (Conpac) chairman Tan Jo Hann said he was thankful for grassroots leaders such as Ng and Jabri. “But I am questioning what the Pakatan government had agreed to do. It is a matter of principle.

“Conpac wants 25% of municipal councillors to be full-fledged NGO representatives.”



Tan added that he was not undermining the skills or commitment of the councillors but just wanted state executive councillor Ronnie Liu to honour the 25% quota agreement for NGO representatives.