Thursday, April 3, 2008

Chicken Rice and Rocket

Is there any relevancy between chicken rice and rocket. Most of us would think there is no connection. I thought so until one guy enlightened me today.

I was at my regular chicken rice stall buying dinner for my family this evening. When I asked how much I need to pay for the rice, the chicken rice seller told me I have to pay extra for the chicken rice as cost of chicken per kilogram has gone up. Then he added, "looks like price of goods went up even though the Rocket won the election."

As I drove home, I thought," the Rocket and other partners in Pakatan Rakyat (PR) will be in deep chicken shit if every man in the street thinks the same." Why is that so?

During the recent election voters were convinced to equate higher cost of living with Barisan Nasional. There were propaganda and banners written with the wordings, BN = Barang Naik. Now, with BN not in power in Kedah, Perak, Penang, Selangor and Kelantan, the ordinary folks are expecting prices of basic items not to rise. If the price of food stuffs keep on increasing, the equation will then be change and people will be upset with PR then. The new equation will be:

BN = Barang Naik
PR = Pasti Rugi

Barisan Nasional Pakatan Rakyat =BNPR = Barang Naik Pasti Rugi


So, all the PR people better ensure my regular chicken rice price stays the same until 2013 or there will be chicken shit on many faces!

No comments: